Search This Blog

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Sisters

I am very blessed to have a biological sister who is one in a million. She is a strong, funny, loving woman who makes me laugh, and makes me see myself clearer than anyone else. She is outspoken, but well loved. I love spending time with her, as do a host of other people. She is one of the biggest blessings in my life, and she is where my blog begins, but not the only place the journey takes me.

In addition to my blood sister, my path has also blessed me with women who are sisters of my heart and spirit. These sisters have come to me from many places. Some have been constant in my life, and others have passed by me leaving only the memories of times and experiences we shared. Each one of them is alive in my heart. Each one of them helped shape who I am. I am grateful.

The purpose of this blog is to create a place for we sisters to discuss what is on our minds and in our hearts. I am doing it out of a need of my own, but it is a need I hear echoed often to me by the women who confide in me. I want this to be a place to speak what is on your heart without fear of being judged. I do not expect to agree with everyone, but it is my hope to open a dialog about many things so that understanding and love may spread to all this blog touches. We are one in spirit. All else is just semantics.

I will end this introduction of my blog with the Four Agreements set out in the book by the same name by author Don Miguel Ruiz . I endeavor to live my life by them (sometimes more successfully than others), and they are a comfort to me:
1. Be Impeccable with your word
2. Don't take anything personally
3. Don't make assumptions
4. Always do your best

Merry met my dear sisters; here's to all of you I now know and to the ones I haven't met yet. I am grateful for each of you.

4 comments:

  1. And then there are the sisters that found you again!!!! ; )
    I look forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw Thank you. I am very tickled to have found you again as well. It was a definite blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, I am honored that you included me in your circle of sisters.... *sigh*
    I look forward to connecting and sharing with you, love.

    Blessings of Love and Light to you!

    ReplyDelete